Sunday 31 May 2009

Day 14: Glasgow to Killin

What a difference a good night's kip can make (only had to get up twice !!). Had some solids for tea last night and it's a sunny morning - must be a sign. So after lots of umming and arghing(?), decided to go for it. What's the worst that could happen? Throw the bike in a ditch and get a train back to Glasgow. So jettisoned half my kit and got out the door by 10:30. Have to say a huge thank-you to Ann and Michael for putting up with me and my problems for the last 3 days. My imprint on their couch might eventually fade away, but I doubt it. True to form, on leaving it started raining, but not for too long. Easy downhill ride to the center of Glasgow, where stopped past the old student haunts of Andrew Ure Hall, George Square and Blackfriars pub. Then headed for the north of Glasgow and John phoned me. Had to ignore the call as I was in bandit country. Once in safer terrritory, I called him back to hear that he'd met another cyclist on the road to Fort William. Was initially relieved to know that he wasn't on his own, but then started to feel a greener emotion.... Oi, that's my mate - give him back. Seems that I was missing John already. Putting those spurned feelings aside, slowly rode into a sunny but blustery afternoon just wondering how far I'd get. Killin (me), 60 miles later, felt like not a bad effort and at least left me feeling positive for the first time in days.


No comments:

Post a Comment