Monday 25 May 2009

Day 9: Penrith to Moniaive

C'mon, let's get married...

Well the morning was lovely. A short hop up to Carlisle for coffee in the sunshine, before finding the nice new, quiet road that parallels the motorway up to Gretna and Scotland. Stopped for a pic and half a maltloaf at the Welcome to Scotland sign. The sign should have been prefaced 'Unless your name is Marco' as this was where things started, for me to turn for the worse. The route took us West and it was the extra effort required cylcing into the headwind that I thought was making me feel so bad. By the time we reached the town of Annan, I was in bits. Some soup helped for a little while, but by the time we got to Dumfries I couldn't speak. The final leg to Moniaive was torture. I barely had the energy to eat something before heading for bed, but this was just the beginning...


No comments:

Post a Comment